Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The weekly wrap up.

My last 5 podcasts have been
•    The changing face of customers.
•    Members verse customers.
•    Taking your business online.
•    Pickup a book today.
•    Customer feedback.
With customers being the central theme of the last 5 podcasts I thought I would take the time to expand further on the need for engaging customers.

Let me clarify from the outset that I believe everyone has a customer, no matter what your job is, if you are providing goods or services to someone you have a customer. This customer can be internal or external to the business, but regardless they deserve your best levels of delivery.

It is also my belief that it is customers that keep an organisation, business unit or indeed a role going. Customers are the lifeblood, the profit, the reason a business continues to exist.

It therefore alarms me that so many businesses fail to engage customers and leverage strong relationships to help the business grow.

A general business principle is that it costs more to attract a new customer than it does to retain an existing one. So why do we ignore this relationship so much? Is it really that hard to ask for feedback, act on it, and keep customers engaged during the process of continuous improvement?

Over complicating things, or thinking things need to be perfect before acting are excellent ways to stall your business growth. International business consultant Tom Peters, amongst others, confirm the most successful business owners are those that have a bias for action. Sure they get things wrong along the way but their bias for action keeps them moving forward and towards bigger and better successes.

I can help your business implement simple, repeatable customer engagement processes that will build customer loyalty and grow your business.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy career/business building.

Jason Bradshaw  

PS - have you got something you would like me to share some bite sized tips on? Email the details through and I will see if I can help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment